Thursday, December 16, 2010

SBR600:Reflection

Semester's over!!Yayy!!And so is my time at Seneca College!This last semester of mine at the college was really interesting as I had some really easy courses and some really hard courses.SBR600 falls right in between.Not too hard, but at the same time, not super easy as well.

I learned some really interesting things in the course, such as specfiles which help with building packages,what they do, and what are the required commands and prerequisites for the package.That, I found really interesting. But the best thing I learned in this course is git, a version control software.  It allowed me to experiment with my files and system without having the worry about messing up too badly. Once I had a stable piece of code which i liked, I'd save it as my initial file and then if i wanted to make some ill-advised changes I would run it and then revert back to the stable version.

One thing I did not expect to learn was python. I'm not a big fan of programming. I used to be in the CPA program but got so sick of C after the first semester, that i decided to change to networking. And python unfortunately is a programming language. It wasn't too hard to figure out the basics but i really didn't like learning it.

SBR600 is a relatively new course, so the prerequisites for the different aspects in this course haven't been strictly implemented. For one, people taking this course should be given a little bit of introduction to python, but that also wouldn't be feasible as it is not a major part of the networking stream.

In my opinion, SBR600 is a really hands-on course, and should be taken by people who really are into working on project-based courses. I had a good time in this course during the semester and I wish the best of luck everyone who took it with me in their future endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment